Written and recorded in 2012, BUNKSperience Volume 1 is a collection of collaborations and recordings with producers outside the BUNKS’ camp including instrumentals from Bill Breeze, Atlas Street Music Factory, Truescribe, Puzzle Productions and VTZ Beats.
This album is the last project BUNKS worked on together in Tennessee before J.Smo relocated to California.
- written and performed by J.Smo and J.Gro of BUNKS.
- all tracks produced by Bill Breeze except:
- “It’s A Dream” produced by Puzzle Productions
- “Chasin Bread” produced by Atlas Street Music Factory
- “Security Breach” produced by Truescribe
- “Gangstas Never Change” includes co-production by DJ No Love
- “They Don’t Know” produced by VTZ Beats, guitar by C Bret of Stephenson Rd
- “We Do This For” produced by BUNKS, remixed by DJ No Love
- DJ No Love appears courtesy of Streetlight Allstars (NIMA Album of the Year Winners) and Black & Tan Productions.
This BUNKSperience Lights A Fire Inside To Change Attitudes
Ever wonder what Simon & Garfunkel on crunk juice ridin’ around in an ‘82 Cutlass with the Beastie Boys sounds like?
Manchester, Tennessee hip hop collective BUNKS want you to find out so jump in the back of the Cutlass, roll down the windows, and let your stress go as we cruise along this BUNKSperience.
It’s 2012 and the world is in disarray. Multinational corporations and international banking cartels have religious zealots going nuts over conspiracy theories about globalization, esoteric agendas, and extra-terrestrial lifeforms.
BUNKS were writing songs about all of this years ago…so what are they doing now? “We’re changing diapers, paying bills, and making music,” replies J.Gro. “We had to step away from all the drama and write some feel-good music. Some set-your-soul-free type of music. That’s what you’ll find on this BUNKSperience,” J.Smo continues.
This is the soundtrack for rolling down your windows, cranking up the volume, and cruising through the rolling hills into the sunset. This is the sound of your stress being released into the cool Appalachian breeze. Sit back, listen, and know everything will be all right.
Tracks of note include ‘Fire Inside of Me’, ‘La Dee Da’, ‘Change the Attitude’, and ‘We Do This For’. This is the first time BUNKS have used outside production since 2004, including instrumentals from Tennessee talents Bill Breeze, DJ No Love, Atlas Street Music Factory, and South Carolina’s Truescribe.
Bring Unmatched Noise Knowledge and Sound with everything you do!